Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lost another one 4 September 2020

Lost another one 4 September 2020 5 months 1 week ago #6789

• Adolph Pinlac
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello fellow type 34 owners. I haven't had a chance to keep up my account for a long time now. Just thought I'd at least let everyone know that my lovely Ghia "Helga" finally met her end. I had been thinking of selling her since 2014 but my thought of parting with her just seemed impossible to bear. It's one of those " what if's ". I would always keep telling myself that she would have to be given to an owner who loved her as I did. Well, the time finally came and She was in good hands to the point where I get to see her often as I'd like. However as all the bad stuff that happened this terrible year of 2020. A month after sale to my Friend who also loved her terribly, a distracted driver struck her on the Friday on labor day weekend. The story goes that the car was making a left on an intersection when an unexpected car on the left side rolled through a red light. The end result was pretty much damage from the door to the left rear corner frame. My friend miraculously made it through the ordeal with only 2 broken ribs. I couldn't believe it at first, but as I saw the photos. The reality of the situation settled in. I owned the car, or should I say she owned me for 17 years. I had gone many places and had some trying times. all were adventures. The stuff I would never forget for the rest of my life. Met many friends through as well as learned a lot of mechanical things. Enjoyed every minute of it.
I hope you all cherish your beautiful machines while they are around. I did mine.,
Thank all you for all the tips and tricks all these years I will miss the forums and seeing what others have done to their cars to make them better. I also thank the community for becoming a great resource for the Type 34 GHIA.
sincerely Adolph Pinlac
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds