Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Type 34 scale model?

New Type 34 scale model? 6 years 10 months ago #6542

• Adolph Pinlac
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, Ive been searching and asking various model makers if they plan to make a model of our car for the past 6 years now.
Well, lately I checked and to my surprise. Someone actually made one for production(other than me but that's in the process and another long story).
I seems that this year MATCHBOX CARS made a new model this year as part of a series. Unfortunately, as in many of their models. The details are horrible. Not bad for a small scale for $ 2.00 or less but its at least a start. It's also a Cabriolet.
Now,,,,, for the latest thing I've found out.
A company called BoS models created a limited 1000 piece production run of a 1:18 scale of our car.
I'm not sure how many more are out there. But I did snag one for myself.
There's currently still one on AMAZON.com as of 2 November 2013.
I hope its as good as it looks in the picture. the details on the site are pretty vague since it only shows one photo.
I do plan to take more photos and placing them on thesamba or on the pictures page of our site.
I just hope I wasn't coned into buying a minichamps with a bad description of the scale. I'd be pretty steamed if I placed the amount of money I did and not get the genuine article.
I will let you know if its a fake or not.
Do let me know if anyone else got the model.
I think I do still have the largest handmade R/C model of our car so far. I just need to get off my butt and mass produce prototype 1.
I am posting a picture of the model below
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grey 57

New Type 34 scale model? 6 years 10 months ago #6543

• vwo60
  • Fresh Boarder
You will not be disappointed, it is a resin model not die cast, much better detail and finish than any Minichamp model that I have.
Attachments:

New Type 34 scale model? 6 years 9 months ago #6549

• Grey 57
  • Expert Boarder
I would love to see some detail on this 1/18 scale T34.

I have been buying every T34 model that comes up. Recently bought 2 of these limited editions Matchbox T34's.
Attachments:

New Type 34 scale model? 6 years 9 months ago #6550

• Adolph Pinlac
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
I too bought the new type 34 models by Matchbox.
They are nice but unfortunately not too good a representation of our cars since they were never really sold as convertibles. I do like the fact that someone finally produced a model(however small and inaccurate)....
Still waiting for my 1:18 scale model to come in. I'm excited to see what it looks like ion the flesh. I feel even more exclusive knowing I'm only one in a couple of thousand in the world to have one.
I recently purchased a rare 1:43 scale Corgi model.
I like the details they placed in it 40+ or more years ago. I do like to modify thing though. So I plan to make it look like my car. Now,,,,it's just a matter of time until that happens (if I can only spare some time to actually make this happen).
The Corgi model for some reason is almost the exact size of my Minichamps one.
There are some things I like about the Corgi for as old as it is. The details are incredible for the period that it was made and the emblems are mind boggling how they were included in the mold (Ghia emblem on each side, and Volkswagen Karmann Ghia 1500 emblems in the back)I also live its usefulness. The removable spare tire and Luggage are a nice toughplus the usefulness of the front and rear trunk access that actually stay on the up position (wish they also put in opening doors).

The Minichamps is cool because it comes as accurate as it can get. I just don't like the rushed paint job on it which almost erased the sharp corners on each side. It almost looks like someone painted the car about 3 times and over did the thing. The crease we all know and love is just a lump on each side with no definition. I am almost tempted to repaint if not for the decal loss I will end up with in the process.
If I can combine the two models It would be cool. I'll have to take a side by side photo of the two when I'm done re painting the Corgi.
Ok,,, that's enough obsessing on my end. I'm already stearing out of bounds from this topic.
Until next time, Peace everyone and Merry Christmas to all.

New Type 34 scale model? 6 years 9 months ago #6552

• pic1london
  • User is blocked
Hi All,

Newbie here.

I was in Germany 3 weeks ago & always visit the local toy shop for VW models & picked this up.

It's made by Herpa.de & it's a 1/87 scale

I think the vw gods we're looking down at me as yesterday I picked up a real 1/1 scale T344.

I'm chuffed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grey 57

New Type 34 scale model? 6 years 9 months ago #6560

• Grey 57
  • Expert Boarder
I have looking for one of those Herpa 1/87 scale Type 34's. Have a Herpa Porsche 356 speedster in this scale. Amazing detail for a tiny model
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds