Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quarter window rubber

Quarter window rubber 9 years 7 months ago #6125

• Mick
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Can anyone take a photo of their rear quarter window rubber trim seals. I'm reassembling the car and the trims that I have do not seem correct.

Also, is there anything that goes in between this trim and the capping?

TIA

Mick.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quarter window rubber 9 years 7 months ago #6130

• Mick
  • Administrator
Discovered that the seal I have is definitely incorrect. Must have obtained it as a substitute at some point. It's very close in profile and would make the car weather tight but are not correct. Not 100% sure where I got it from, guess I picked it up along the way.

Re: Quarter window rubber 9 years 7 months ago #6134

• df
  • Fresh Boarder
does simon kelley still have any? I've gotta replace mine? I dont think I'll find any in Tasmania!

Re: Quarter window rubber 9 years 7 months ago #6135

• Mick
  • Administrator
Hopefully he does. I sent him an email yesterday, will let you know when he gets back to me.

Otherwise they are still available via Rudiger or ISP West.

Re: Quarter window rubber 9 years 7 months ago #6144

• Mick
  • Administrator
Simon got back to me, he still has these seals. He also has the door to roof seal that seals between the top of the door and the roofline as well.

Re: Quarter window rubber 9 years 7 months ago #6145

• Bobnotch
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
I got that seal thru KGPR. If you call them, and tell them you're working on a t-34, they'll send you 2 uncut lengths (you're basically paying for 2 pairs or 4 pieces, but only getting 2). This works out great, as that's how Karmann did it back in the day. You'll still have to make a cut in the seal for the "A" post, but that's how they were done originally. I have some pics of this in my build thread on the Samba. I know I have pics in the Samba gallery of my build too, which might be a quicker search. Just keep in mind that you'll need some D-19 tape (just a little bit) for the top corner (A post), and the bottom of the "C" post (this keeps the water from running thru the cut). You'll also trim part of that seal off to do the bottom of the 1/4 window (there's just enough to do both upper and lower pieces) trim piece.

I should add, that I got my 1/4 window seal (the seal that the 1/4 window sits against) from Simon. It's a little long, and will need trimming, but it fits good.

I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mick
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds