Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Installing Bumpers

Installing Bumpers 16 years 8 months ago #2055

• pcolbert
  • Senior Boarder
I forget who told this to me.... it helped me immensely, especially with a freshly painted body . When installing bumpers MAKE SURE you wrape the bumper in a soft cloth (like a towel).

This prevents scratching the body if you make a misguided maneuver that contacts the body.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Installing Bumpers 16 years 8 months ago #2061

• Lee Hedges
  • Gold Boarder
And lubricate the bolts & holes well before trying to install the bumper, makes it much easier. Be sure the bumper brackets are in the right angles too (they're not marked) so your bumper points upward instead of downward. We installed the bumper bracket seals into the body holes first, then slid the bumper into the brackets, much easier than trying to get the seals into the hole lips after the bracket is through.

Installing Bumpers 16 years 8 months ago #2062

Another thing to do when installing new bolts is to use anti-sieze compound. This prevents the bolt from rusting to the nut or whatever else it's screwed into.

Re: Installing Bumpers 9 years 8 months ago #6039

• Peacefulwarrior
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Throwing another question into this thread, since I removed my front bumper and found a few missing bolts. I replaced all the missing bolts and found two for the side mounts. I installed the body seals for the brackets, but now I have another question. Is there some sort of rubber or ?, that goes in between the side of the bumper where it wraps around the fender?
I am talking about where the bolt goes thru the fender into the bumper side.

Re: Installing Bumpers 9 years 8 months ago #6044

• Peacefulwarrior
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Never mind, I figured it out! I had to do some adjusting to the brackets and the outer sections of the bumper. Fits nicely now!
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds