Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: T34 on Samba

T34 on Samba 10 years 8 months ago #4015

• Ralph
  • Fresh Boarder
Does anyone know anything about this car? It seems like a reasonable deal but it has been for sale for some time. I know that it is missing the carb and the keys.

www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=657208
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: T34 on Samba 10 years 8 months ago #4016

• EverettB
  • Gold Boarder
I don't know anything about it but it doesn't seem totally insane on price if it's not rusty.

At $3500 I don't think it's worth paying for shipping on top of that too.

For me personally, being a bit cheap and used to fairly rust-free CA and AZ cars, I think it should be more like $2500 obo.

Re: T34 on Samba 10 years 8 months ago #4017

• Lee Hedges
  • Gold Boarder
There is no such thing as a rust-free T34, they all have some hiding in places that you don't see until you get close. That said, the things that stand-out to me as "warning signs" on this one are: 1) dash pad missing, 2) rocker panel trims incorrect, 3) rear bumper guards missing, 4) Recaro seats fitted (must alter pan/rails to install these seats!), and 5) not running. Any air-cooled VW is relatively easy to get running & driving to test-drive for prospective buyers. Without a test-drive there's no way to test the mechanical aspects (engine, trans, brakes, electrical, clutch, steering, etc) which creates a lot more questions than answers. Why didn't the owner spend a bit of time & $ to get it running? Why isn't anyone else interested? Why are there not more detailed photos of the front spare tire area, engine compartment, interior, etc? For me, it's a $1500-2000 car max. Too many "if's" involved.
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds