Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Parts for sunroof

Parts for sunroof 12 years 6 months ago #3258

In my search for a T34 I have found a car in good shape, it`s born with sunroof, but sometime in it`s life someone took away most of the components for the sunroof, think the motor is the only thing left.<br />
Is it possible to find these parts?<br />
What pricelevel should I expect?<br />
<br />
Thanx<br />
Morten
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Parts for sunroof 12 years 6 months ago #3259

• Lee Hedges
  • Gold Boarder
It's going to be extremely difficult to locate the parts you want for the sunroof. There were early & late sunroof parts (motor drive was longer on earlier T34s), 6V & 12V switches & motors, and possibly the cables changed lengths as well. There's so little info out there ...<br />
<br />
Best way to get the sunroof complete again is buy a sunroof roof section from a parted-out T34, then remove the parts and put them into your sunroof car. Full roof sections are far more common to find than sunroof parts on their own.<br />

Parts for sunroof 12 years 6 months ago #3260

• Mick
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Lee's probably right about the availability of parts being more scarce that complete roofs. <br />
<br />
I purchased a complete roof which had some parts missing, it took me probably about 6 years to find all of the parts I needed.<br />
<br />
Good news is that one of the hardest parts for me to find was the motor - you have this already. <br />
<br />
Price-wise it is hard to say - I managed to get all of the parts I needed just though people's generosity / trading parts for parts.<br />
<br />
Do you know what parts are missing? Do you have any pictures?<br />
<br />
Mick.<br />

Parts for sunroof 12 years 6 months ago #3261

I don`t know how many parts that are missing, but was told only motor (whitch is not tested) is left, so that`s what I expect to find.<br />
I don`t have any pictures, and car is about 700 km away.<br />
<br />
Owner tells me that sunroof aint leaking, and inside of car looks very nice, so I believe that.<br />
<br />
If I buy the car, I think I will go for a complete roof section from a parted-out car.<br />
<br />
It`s very nice with a sunroof, but when it`s incomplete I might prefer a car without.<br />
<br />
If you know of some websides with T34 cars/parts for sale I would like some links.<br />
<br />
Morten

Parts for sunroof 12 years 5 months ago #3277

• Lee Hedges
  • Gold Boarder
Late June 2007: eBay Germany listed both electric sunroof cables, the 6V motor, the aluminum guides, and the cable tube hardware. All were used parts.<br />
<br />
Final prices were (unbelievable!):<br />
- left sunroof cable @ $285<br />
- right sunroof cable @ $205<br />
- sunroof motor @ $145

Parts for sunroof 12 years 5 months ago #3278

I did buy the car and drove it from Stockholm in Sweden to Denmark last saturday.<br />
<br />
I think I will go for the parted-out sunroof car, but mine is a Januar 1966, is it then a late 6V or are all 6V parts ok?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds