Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reproduction Sunvisor Clips

Reproduction Sunvisor Clips 6 years 5 months ago #6559

• Mick
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
racoguy wrote:
yep the part that screws to the roof with 2 screws left and right.

I would be happy to take a look but it will likely be after the holidays.

I will have a rummage in the garage and take a look at mine and see what condition they are in. Pretty sure that they were in good condition. (I don't currently have sun visors fitted to my car - I never bothered refitting them after I finished the resto.)

Will keep you posted.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reproduction Sunvisor Clips 6 years 3 months ago #6566

• Mick
  • Administrator
Finally got around to locating the sunvisor clips from my car, now I can start drafting up the final versions.

Cannot believe that it's already February, I had every intention of looking at this stuff straight after the holidays

As you can see from the photo below they are quite different from my test pieces (please ignore the quality of the test part in the photo its just one of the failed test parts I had on my desk).

The main issue that I can now see with the design is that the original clip has a hole in three of the sides which does not leave much material for strength. I think that considering the poor design I will actually change the design so that the visor clips in from the top of the clip rather than the side - basically as I have it in the test piece.

Next I will measure up the clips and make a 3D model - will keep you posted.

Reproduction Sunvisor Clips 6 years 3 months ago #6568

• racoguy
  • Fresh Boarder
I think it would be worth making some that are the same and see how they stand up, maybe make them a little larger over all so that there's more "meat" around the holes?
I've had the other part made over here or should say a prototype at least so between us we'll have both ends covered.

Reproduction Sunvisor Clips 4 years 10 months ago #6754

• Mick
  • Administrator
Guys it's been an age since I started to look into this. To be completely honest it;s just one of those things that has slipped from my radar. This was also partially due to my 3D printer going cactus (the test above was probably one of the last things I printed on it). At any rate, I've now fixed the printer so will get back on to this.

I know a few of you either have a 3D printer or have access to one so I will post the files up when I am finished so that you can print out your own clips.

If you don't have access to a 3D printer you can either sweet-talk someone into printing them for you or use one of the online print services such as shapeways. The bonus with using an online service is that not only will the results be of a better quality (they use printers worth $100k's not home made ones like mine) but you will also be able to choose from a variety of colors and materials.

Will keep you posted.

Reproduction Sunvisor Clips 4 years 10 months ago #6758

• Kharon8
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Company has a 3D-printer. Not $100k class but not just a home version either. I'd like to have the design to test on it. Please let me know.

Reproduction Sunvisor Clips 4 years 10 months ago #6763

• Mick
  • Administrator
Kharon8 wrote:
Company has a 3D-printer. Not $100k class but not just a home version either. I'd like to have the design to test on it. Please let me know.

Will do. Just finishing printing out a bunch of parts for a new 3D printer and I'm on to it.
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds