Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1965 windscreen and Drums

1965 windscreen and Drums 2 years 5 months ago #6746

• simonpmann
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I know this might be a silly question, and yes I should probably wait until I see the car, but can anybody tell me if the windscreen on a '65 T34 is clear or green tinted.
I have bought a car in April, which should have arrived this week from the States. Unfortunately between buying the car and it arriving I've had a hip resurfaced, so I'm having the car stored for another couple of months..................................very frustrating!!.....................If I can get a screen in place before the car arrives I should be ahead of the game............. and finding one is also proving quite difficult.

Also although the car has had new brakes all round, the chap I've bought the car from has said that the car judders when braking, he thinks that one of the drums is out of shape ( he's Luis Santin from SAB Imports California so he know's his stuff), I'm not sure if it'll be a front or rear drum, but does anyone know where I can get either or??

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

Simon
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

1965 windscreen and Drums 2 years 5 months ago #6747

• t3kg
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
I've seen both clear and tinted replacement windshields. Clear would be a better choice if you're trying to keep things as Karmann did them.

'65 brake drums should be fairly easy to source. I think there are even new production Type 3 drums for '65s. Try looking in the classifieds on thesamba.com.

Congrats on the new purchase and good luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds